Alaska is a dramatic landscape that only gets more stunning from the air. For this year-round drone photo tour, we are select locations that provide great compositions from the drone’s perspective. You will be transported outside of Anchorage (which has very restricted airspace), and taken to locations where drone use is permitted. Your guide will provide naturalist information along the way about the scenery you are exploring. Drone Dreamscapes is designed for the casual drone flier to the serious drone photographer. Throughout this drone photo tour, you’ll be offered creative and technical support by your Alaska Photo Treks guide. If you are traveling to Alaska to use your drone, this is a great tour to start our your Alaska trip! Price is $300 for a solo tour, or $195 per person in a group sized 2-5. Group size is limited out of desire to not create too much disturbance with a lot of drones in the air.
This is a moderate activity that involves varying levels of walking on mostly even terrain. Carrying your camera gear over this distance adds to the physical activity. Weather conditions may range from rain, snow, wind, and sun, and temperatures from 0°F [-18 °C] to 70°F [21°C]. This Anchorage photo tour departs in all weather, except for high wind conditions (barring a weather advisory).
- Creative and technical photography instruction is offered by your professional, local guide.
- Natural history narrative en route.
- Light snacks and water [we strive to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in the environment, so fresh water is in a reusable bottle].
Booking Policies & Liability Waiver
CAMERA GEAR [recommended]
- Assortment of filters for drone lens
- Fully charged battery [minimum of at least 4]
- At least 128GB memory card
- FAA registration for drone
- B4UFLY app loaded on phone
- Layers including long-sleeve thermal shirt, fleece or sweater, and insulated outer shell jacket
- Hat and gloves (in colder seasons)
- Water-proof hiking boots, with potential need for knee-high mud boots depending on season
Payment is confirmation your acceptance of Alaska Photo Treks Booking Policies and Liability Waiver. Please read carefully.