Duration is 6-8 hours, with departure 30 minutes before sunrise. Due to the constantly changing sunrise times at this latitude, departures are adjusted in 15-minute increments throughout the duration of the tour.
Sep 15-22: 7:00 a.m.
Sep 23-29: 7:15 a.m.
Sep 30-Oct 6: 7:30 a.m.
Oct 7-15: 7:45 a.m.
This is a sometimes strenuous activity that involves walking approximately 5-6 miles up and downhill with approximately 500-foot elevation gain on the return leg of the trip, on gravel trail and uneven, sometimes boggy terrain. Carrying your camera gear over this distance adds to the physical activity. Weather conditions may range from rain, wind, and sun, and temperatures from 25°F [-4 °C] to 50°F [10°C]. This Anchorage photo tour departs in all weather (barring a weather advisory). Some of the best photo ops happen during rain, snow or fog, and wildlife tends to be more active in cool, wet weather.
CAMERA GEAR [recommended]
- Camera with manual settings
- Lens[es] ranging in focal length from at least 24mm to 400mm
- Fully charged battery [preferably at least 2]
- At least 128GB memory card
- Sturdy Tripod
- Remote shutter release or cable shutter release [optional]
- Layers including long-sleeve thermal shirt, fleece or sweater, and insulated outer shell jacket
- Rain jacket and pants
- Hat and gloves
- Mud boots at least knee-height
Payment is confirmation your acceptance of Alaska Photo Treks Booking Policies and Liability Waiver. Please read carefully.