Full Day Private Itinerary
Join us for a photographic exploration of the stunning coastal and mountain landscapes of the Turnagain Arm south of Anchorage. Itinerary includes Turnagain Arm, Chugach National Forest, and Chugach State Park, with the opportunity to photograph mountain streams, waterfalls, coastal mudflats, glaciers, and both the Chugach and Kenai mountains. Depending on the season, wildlife opportunities may include bears, moose, Dall sheep, Bald eagles, and Beluga whale. The itinerary also includes a visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. This itinerary is available year-round.
For this full day tour, we head up into the Talkeetna Mountains and explore the diversity of the Hatcher Pass State Management Area. Photo opportunities will include mountains, streams, wildflowers (seasonal), and a variety of potential wildlife from collared pika to hoary marmot. Additionally, we photograph the historic buildings of the Independence Mine State Historical Park. This itinerary is only available June through September.
For this full day tour, we explore the Knik River and Matanuska River valleys north of Anchorage. We follow the winding Glenn Highway to photograph stunning mountain and valley landscapes. There is also an additional option to take a guided hike on the Matanuska Glacier. This itinerary is available year-round.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Up to a 10-hour, full day trek for 1-3 guests: $950
What Is Included in the Base Rate?
- Photo-guide and driver (you can choose among four potential guides when submitting your request)
- Ground transportation
- Photo instruction services
- Trip planning and logistics, including time spent on making reservations for charters
- Guide meals
What is Additional to Base Rate?
- Client meals
- Any additional or upgraded transportation services (air-taxi, boat charter, helicopter, other guiding services, etc.)
What makes Private Photo Tours expensive?
- Modes of transportation used; i.e., private boats and aircraft
- Types of lodging available, seasons, and locations
- The fewer the number of travelers, the more the individual share of itinerary cost
- More time and individual attention
Next Steps After Submitting Request
Once you submit a custom itinerary or a request based on the above sample itineraries, we will contact vendors to get final rates. We will provide you that final rate along with an invoice. A 50% deposit on the invoice will be required to secure the booking.
Booking Policies & Liability Waiver
Remember that once your itinerary has been accepted and payment is made, you are confirming your acceptance of Alaska Photo Treks Booking Policies and Liability Waiver. Please read carefully.